Can CCHIE notify me when one of my patients is at the ED?
- Yes, it can. By setting up a customized account, CCHIE can alert you by text, email, or secure email. Since CCHIE operates under HIPAA guidelines, Patient Health Information (including demographics) would only appear in the secure email.
Can CCHIE notify me if one of my patients is admitted?
- Yes, CCHIE has many options with which to notify you. One way is to configure the practice’s Clinical Inbox inside the Community Health Record (ProAccess) to publish facesheets. Another way is to use CCHIE’s ability to interpret ADT (Admission, Discharge, Transfer). Lastly, the CCHIE notification system can be customized to include alerts on admissions.
Can CCHIE tell me when my patients are discharged?
- Yes, CCHIE has several ways to let you know your patient has been discharged. The Community Health Record will publish discharge facesheet information as well as the discharge summary. The ADT function will reflect a discharge action, and the notification system can be customized to include discharge activity.
Can CCHIE tell me if my patients have been compliant in getting their labs, mammograms, diagnostic tests, and other orders
- Yes, CCHIE can show you that the patient has registered at the appropriate department using the Community Health Record or the ADT application.
Can CCHIE deliver results, such as labs, radiology reports, and other diagnostic tests?
- Yes, CCHIE has many results delivery choices. The results will publish in the Community Health Record as well as the iNexx inbox. The results are available as soon as the test is resulted. These reports contain discrete data, highlighted abnormals, and reference ranges. Results can also be found in the Clinical Inbox. If your EMR can accept results, the results can also be delivered directly into your native EMR.
Can CCHIE help my staff keep track of my consults and other billing issues?
- Yes, using the Community Health Record your staff will be able to see your consult notes and other necessary documentation. Your coding and billing staff will also be able to see the documentation they need for their purposes.
Can CCHIE help find hospital records?
- Yes, it can. Using the Community Health Record, your practice can query on the patient’s name, DOB, or MRN and look at the patient encounters that have occurred within the 26 facilities and 32 community ambulatory practices that are currently connected to CCHIE. You will see demographics, insurance, H&Ps, labs, radiology reports, consult notes, D/S, allergies, medications, etc.
Can CCHIE help my staff and I with transition of care and referrals?
- Yes, it can. Within the Community Health Record, Continuum of Care Documents (CCDs) can be found from 32 different ambulatory practices that are connected to CCHIE. Additionally, iNexx contains a referral tool that is separate from your native EMR but can track incoming and outgoing referrals as well as provide a secure messaging tool. The referral function can also be used to attach documents to share with referral providers or other healthcare organizations, like long term care. Utilizing CCHIE’s encrypted email function, Patient Health Information can be shared with any other connected practice.
Can CCHIE help me follow up with my patients who have been admitted?
- Yes, it can. Using the Community Health Record, all inpatient encounters can be seen. When notified of discharge or seeing the discharge in the Community Health Record, it will be visible for you in order to follow your protocol regarding follow up appointments. Using CCHIE will help with greater reimbursement allowance (CPT code 99495).
Can CCHIE allow me to see what happened to a patient that I transferred to another hospital?
- Yes, it can. As long as the facility is connected to CCHIE, you will be able to follow the patient’s treatment and progress by using the Community Health Record.
Can CCHIE help my staff identify patients who are doctor shopping for pain medications and other misuses of the healthcare system?
- Yes, it can. By using the Community Health Record, which publishes in real time, you will be able to see up-to-the-minute records of where, when, and why the patient was at a facility or a connected community practice.
Can CCHIE only publish connected hospital results
- No, CCHIE delivers results from Delaney Radiology and Solstas Labs.